Hell, didn't even know anything was being built. Wouldn't surprise me if it was another place to eat.
dont know if anyone has asked this yet but does anyone know what is being built there in front of goodys?
Hell, didn't even know anything was being built. Wouldn't surprise me if it was another place to eat.
Where's your God now?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]
[img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]
It is, the last I heard if the financing went thru it was going to be the Asian Cafe, pretty large building with big buffet style lines. The was the last I had heard.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Any idea what is going on with the old walmart building. I noticed they had added several handicapped parking spaces up there lately. It sorta looked like something was going to go in there, but I was unaware of anything.
have not been up there in awhile so no clue what is going in there i have heard rumors like everyonr else but nothing specific
I heard that Golden China was moving in front of Goody's. They need a bigger place.
I hate when you get the same damn things move from shopping center to shopping center. It would be nice to get some new stores instead of a new Golden China, radio Shack or jewelery store that was the same as the old shopping center version.
Reeking of awesomeness!
I agree Borat, didn't do us much good when the old shopping center turned into the new shopping center and you leave one vacant with a handful of stores left in it.
The only reason the move was made is because of WAL-MART, the City wanted to keep them in the City because they could not afford to lose the tax revenue that they brought in year in and year out. It has helped somewhat with new stores/restaurants but really, until they find someone to fill most of the other shopping center it really isn't doing much good. The old Advanced Auto building has been purchased and completely remodeled into office space with half of it being Bardin Thrower's CPA office and the other currently trying to be leased. There is some movement going on in the old one but not enough right now.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
i agree totally instead of moving to the new center the old center should be used for something cause it is a major ghost town
You can blame the great Fred Ramey for this whole fiasco. There was writing in principal agreeent's that Wal-mart was the only one allowed to leave the old center, this was between the center's owner, the city and walmart. Well as Mr Ramey went an lowballed Jim Smith and Family who owned the property from what is the middle of the store to the left(if your looking at it with Sonic to your back)and denied them City water and sewer hookups is where it began. I can go on and on as it went From trget was to go in the Old store then let everyone leave because the timtable to complete the deals passed and etc.
Goodys was going to leave too, yet the was a tenative deal for Old Navy to come, but if the rest had of the store stayed and walmart hadn't enacted their 14 year lease on the old store we would have 2 centers I think. Yet from what I was told by people that worked @ the City this was all because Mr. Ramey got slammed in public over the lowbal by Mr. Smithand some bonuses to go to him for s speedy timetable he lost those and face in the public. And now we have a place for people to park their campers and coal trucks. it should be turned into one Giant Gas station by Wendell Barnette to equal something you would see at Wytheville.
I dunno how some of those stores are making it because they went from paying $12 sq ft for retail space to $19 a sq ft.
Bookmarks